Submitting an e-mail address for the drawing is also a request to receive our cruise e-mail. You may unsubscribe at any time after entering the drawing. Current subscribers to our e-mail are also eligible to win. See complete details.
Best Rate Guarantee: You must have first purchased a cruise through continental.com cruises. The lower advertised rate must be a price found for the same cruise - same ship, sailing dates and cabin category. Guarantee applies only to rates available to the general public. It does not apply to consolidator, group, incentive, interline, meeting, or convention rates that are not available to the general public. You must meet all requirements for the lower advertised rate (residency requirements for regional specials, age-related discounts, etc.). Guarantee applies only to the cost of the cruise (including port charges). Promotional packages, group deals, air or land components, shipboard credit, travel insurance, transfers, pre- or post-cruise hotel stays, and shore excursions are not eligible. Taxes and fees, which vary by itinerary, are not included. To claim a refund, you must contact us prior to your sailing date and within 48 hours of your purchase. The lower advertised rate must be available for booking at the time you contact us. Your refund request will be reviewed and we will determine whether you have met the necessary requirements. If your refund request is approved, the credit card used to purchase your cruise will be credited 110% of the price difference within 7-10 business days of final approval. If only a deposit has been made, then the final amount due will be adjusted to reflect the lower rate. Guarantee may be modified or cancelled at any time without prior notice or liability to you.
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (EXCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PUERTO RICO AND OTHER US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS) AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW AND AMERICAN ENGLISH. YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE CRITERIA.
"Win One Million OnePass Miles" Sweepstakes – Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning a prize.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2009, The Marketing Agency, LLC.
- The Sweepstakes Period is from 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (ET) Aug. 11, 2009 ("Sweepstakes-Start") to 11:59:59 pm ET Oct. 31, 2009 ("Sweepstakes-End"). Sponsor's clock governs time.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents residing in the 50 United States and D.C., 21 years of age or older at the time of entry, who have Internet access and are the authorized user of an e-mail address. Void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless where they live) or members of household of World Travel Holdings, Inc. d/b/a continental.com cruises ("Sponsor"), Continental Airlines, Inc. and THE MARKETING AGENCY, LLC ("Administrator"), their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, design, web design, web hosting and publicity agencies (the "Sweepstakes Entities") and anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
- How to Enter: This Sweepstakes is entered only on the Internet. Go to http://cruises.continental.com/promotion/continental/millionmiles/default.asp and enter your e-mail address for which you are the authorized user and zip code in the section "Cruise Deals Email Signup." You will receive one entry.
Maximum one (1) entry per person or e-mail address during the Sweepstakes Period.
You must supply an accurate, functioning e-mail address, for which you are the authorized user, for your entry to be eligible and to be notified should Sponsor wish to use that form of winner notification. It is entrant's responsibility to keep his/her e-mail addresses current. "Authorized user" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address. In the case of a dispute regarding who submitted a particular online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account.
- Winner Selection: One (1) winner will be chosen in random drawings approximately 20 days after Sweepstakes-End from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Winners will be notified within five (5) days after the selection is made by e-mail or other form of communication at Sponsor's discretion. The prize will be awarded provided it is claimed properly.
- Quantity, Prize, Approximate Retail Value (ARV) and Odds: (1) Grand Prize: One million OnePass miles will be awarded to the winner's OnePass account. If the winner is not a OnePass member, s/he must create a free account at continental.com in order to be awarded the OnePass miles. In addition, the winner will receive a free seven-night or longer Caribbean cruise for two (2), in an oceanview stateroom for two, all in Sponsor's sole, subjective discretion, including port charges, government fees and cruise taxes. A cruise vacation includes ship accommodations of Sponsor's choice, ocean transportation, onboard meals, some beverages and most entertainment aboard the ship. The cruise prize is awarded "as is" and is subject to availability and blackout dates. In addition, Winner will be responsible for all other expenditures not specifically mentioned here including, without limitation, transportation to /from departure port, alcoholic and some other beverages, gratuities, shore excursions, telephone, incidentals, personal expenses and travel/medical insurance. Winner must book travel through continental.com cruises who will contact winner. Grand Prize travel must be completed by Dec. 31, 2010 or it will be forfeited in its entirety. ARV: $30,000 depending on time of year of travel. Should the actual value of any prize be less than the ARV stated, the difference will not be awarded in cash or kind. Odds of winning any prize: Dependent on the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Winner acknowledges that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize.
- General: Sweepstakes administration and winner selection and verification will be conducted by THE MARKETING AGENCY, LLC, the independent judging organization whose decisions are final and legally binding. No participant or winner shall have the right to contest any decision by Sponsor or the independent judging organization concerning any aspect of the Sweepstakes or the interpretation of the Official Rules or the determination as to the qualification of entries. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for those who cannot access the Internet or cannot click-through for any period of time regardless of technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, network problems or virus contamination, force majeure, or human error and for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor's sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, force majeure, human error or any other causes beyond Sponsor's control. Winner will be drawn from among all eligible entries received up to the time of cancellation/termination. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry from the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor's sole judgment entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Without limitation, all of an entrant's entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, if entrant attempts (i) to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules; or (ii) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent; or (iii) attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities assume no liability for damage caused to entrant's or any other person's/entity's computer hardware or device, software or communications network, regardless of cause. Only the prize and the value listed in the Official Rules shall be awarded. Winner and cruise travel companion (who must be 21 years of age or older) are responsible for: 1) all travel documents including, without limitation, a current, valid US Passport, visas if necessary or other identification documents acceptable to the cruise line, foreign governments, U.S. Transportation Security Administration and the U.S. Government; (2) all medical requirements; (3) respecting all local regulations and (4) for full compliance with the regulations of all venues. Sponsor and cruise line, as they may apply, have the right to refuse travel to anyone who does not have proper travel documents or who does not comply with all regulations or comport him/herself properly. There will be no substitution or compensation for a prize or part of a prize forfeited due to winner's or winner's companion's non-compliance with travel and venues' regulations or any other reason. Prizewinner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release and his/her travel companion will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (Travel Companion) within three (3) business days of date on notification or it will be concluded definitively that the prize has been declined and, without further notice, an alternative winner may be selected in random drawings. Travel companion of Grand Prize winner must travel all legs of the trip with winner.
- By entering this Sweepstakes, a participant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and all their respective shareholders, estates and assigns, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all "costs", which he/she now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use or misuse of a prize. By accepting a prize, winner waives the right to 1) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and 2) claim any liability (including attorney's fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto). The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of a prize or force majeure. Prize or prize notification that is returned as undeliverable will disqualify the winner and an alternative winner shall be selected in random drawings.
- All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All taxes are winner's responsibility and a 2009 form #1099 will be issued to the Grand Prize winner for $30,000.
- Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the winner's name, voice and likeness and any and all identifying characteristics (excluding address and e-mail address) for promotional, advertising and publicity purposes by Sponsor and Continental Airlines, Inc. (including posting to the Continental Airlines website, continental.com, cruises.continental.com or this Sweepstakes winners list); this permission includes, but is not limited to, the taking of photographs and/or videos by Sponsor's or Continental Airlines photographer/videographer for publicity purposes, without further consent or compensation, unless prohibited by law and winner agrees to execute any and all documents requested by Sponsor to convey such rights to own all the results thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
- The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules.
- Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Middlesex County, Massachusetts. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys' fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- For a Winners List – available on or about Nov. 30, 2009, send a self addressed, stamped, #10, business envelope to Winner – "One Million Miles Sweepstakes" c/o The Marketing Agency, 2881 East Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 425, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306. Requests must be received by Nov. 30, 2009. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied requests allowed; only one (1) request per outer mailing envelope.
You cannot enter the Sweepstakes using this address. Entries mailed to this address will be discarded.
- Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by World Travel Holdings, Inc. d/b/a continental.com cruises, 100 Sylvan Road, Suite 600, Woburn, MA 01801 and is administered by The Marketing Agency, LLC, 2881 East Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 425, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306.